Increase Transplant Referrals
CMS Definition of a Transplant Referral: “any first-time referral for a patient (i.e., the patient has not already been referred or been placed on a transplant waitlist), and for which either a dialysis facility or transplant center provides an indication that the patient has been referred. Patients who have had transplant failures are considered as restarting the referral process anew, and would be eligible for “first-time” referrals.”
- Baseline Data Collection Period – please fax in baseline data to the Network by March 4, 2016 using the referral collection tool.
- The Network provided notification of Participation in this activity, project overview, project agreements, referral collection tool
- Facilities should return the project agreement form with signatures as well as the referral collection tools - if you have a corporate report for referrals that contains the same information, this may be supplied to the Network instead.
April - End of September
- Facilities will provide monthly reporting of newly referred patients to the Network via fax no later than the last day of the month
- The Network will provide education and resources for patients and providers
- The Network will perform site visits
Additional information about transplant can be found here.